No brand has yet created a product that can be a 100% substitute for mother’s milk. Unfortunately, the cases when breastfeeding is impossible for various reasons are not uncommon. Nowadays, many parents choose formulas based on goat milk. The reasons for this are simple. Goat milk formula helps to improve your little one’s digestion. And that’s something very important both for babies and their moms.
Let’s see what you can call the best goat dairy product.
Advantages of goat milk formula
- Baby foods based on goat milk are easy to digest. The thing is when goat milk protein gets into a baby’s stomach, it turns into a softer, crumblier coagulate. It’s easier on an infant’s digestive system than cow milk protein.
- The risk of allergic reactions to this kind of dairy is minimal.
- Provided you choose the right product for your baby, it will supply their body with all the important nutrients. Make sure the infant milk of your choice contains all the important vitamins and minerals.
- It tastes good and has a smooth creamy texture.
Disadvantages of goat milk formula
- A bigger price tag. Infant foods based on goat milk are generally somewhat more expensive than their cow milk counterparts.
- There are only a few European brands that produce goat milk-based baby foods.
How to make the right choice
Before you buy any kind of infant food, talk to your pediatrician. They’ll recommend the best options based on your baby’s age, height, weight, and physiology.
Once you get to pick a product, pay special attention to the following factors:
- Make sure that the formula of your choice is suitable for your baby’s age. All baby food brands have age-specific markings on their products. Stage 1 is for newborns, Stage 2 is for babies over 6 months old, etc. Stage 1 products (first milks) are specifically made to mimic breastmilk.
- Protein content should be no higher than 15g per liter. Larger amounts of protein might lead to obesity in the future.
- Does your child need specialized feeding? There are various formulas that help to prevent and avoid different issues like allergies, vomiting, or digestive problems.
- Whey protein/casein ratio. First milks must contain less whey protein and more casein.
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 acids should be there among formula ingredients. They boost eye and brain development.
- Prebiotics/probiotics, in case your baby has digestive issues like constipation.
Holle goat milk formula
Holle is one of the few European brands that produce infant foods based on goat milk (Holle goat milk formula). And still, it manages to stand out thanks to the flawless quality of natural organic ingredients used in its formulas. Holle products include starch, maltodextrin, and palm oil.
Normally they don’t recommend using Holle baby foods as a basic diet but they are perfect as additional formula-feeding. It’s safe to say Holle products are one of the best in the market today.
Choose suitable infant milk for your baby based on their age and needs. Once you do that, you can ensure they have a nutritious diet and all the vitamins and microelements their body needs to grow and be happy.