Here is what is what they’ve asked after receiving this Award:
1.Thank and link back to the person that gave this award.
2.Answer the following 10 survey questions mentioned below.
3.Pass it on to another 15 Blogs that are fairly new and interesting to you.
4.Contact the bloggers so they know they’ve been chosen.
This is a great refreshing idea that will be useful and fun for blogs mentioned and blogs just beginning. The questions are a neat way to find out more about fellow blogs as well discover other likes and dislikes. So without further adieu… let’s continue with this ongoing extravaganza!
I received this award from Mel from Mel’s Random Reviews which is a fab blog filled with reviews and features. My favourite one is her monthly Book Temple post, where she spotlights great bookstores. Go check it out!
1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?
I don’t blog anonymously and I was fairly concious in that choice. I’ve never believed in hiding who I am and so far (knock on wood) I haven’t regretted it. I’ve learned not to say anything online I wouldn’t say in offline life, so I’ve got a pretty well-developed filter and am not ashamed to say what I think.
2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side:
I’ve gotten up in the middle of the night to start up the computer to look something up to prove to my husband that I’m right about some disputed fact or another on numerous occasions.
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
Someone who’s worked hard to get where she is now, who finally isn’t unhappy with who is looking back at her.
4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
Fanta Orange or ice cold sparkling mineral water.
5.When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?
I want to make it to a bookcon at one point in my life!
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever , the shy person, or always ditching?
I was the shy overachiever. I always had my nose stuck in a book.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see?
Waking up the morning after my daughter was born and seeing her lying there in her crib. She was so small and so perfect!
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
I’d like to think that my sense of humour and who I am comes through my reviews. I think reviewing is inherently showing a lot of yourself, since reviewing is always partially subjective. Once you give a ‘rating’ to a book, it’s subjective, even if you write a formal review, in the end whether a book works for you is directly linked to your personal taste.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
I’d sit down and read, because I’m always short on reading time!
Passing the buck to:
Sarah at Bookworm Blues
Ria at Tea and Tomes
Ole at Weirdmage’s Reviews
Sorry for it only being three blogs, but I don’t know that many new bloggers!